Now the trick to most of these is that you're going to have to sign up for all these mailing list and get their emails throughout the year in order to reap the payoff at your special day. My suggestion is this: use the filters on your email program. funnel everything into folder called "restaurant deals" or something like that. Also, if you like going to any of these places on a regular basis, they're going to send you coupons throughout the year as well. FYI, the links i posted take you directly to the signup page so you don't have to wade through the whole website looking for where you have to sign up to get your swag.
Let the savings begin:
- Benihana: Sign up for The Chef's Table and you'll get $30 towards your meal on your bday….which means you will basically eat for free. I used mine & only paid for my cocktail & tip.
- Fuddruckers: Fudd Club. Not only will you get a free burger on your bday (with purchase of another), but you'll also get a treat on you anniversary if you're married. Try the Wild Boar…it's pretty darn tasty & I don't know about other locations, but the one in Burbank has this crazy ass soda machine where you can get like 23904328 soda combinations. Peach Sprite Zero anyone?
- Daphnes: They used to send you a coupon for a free wrap/sandwich. Now it appears you have to sign up for Pita Points and they credit your account $5 for your bday. The deal isn't as great, but you can still get pretty much a meal out of it.
- Coldstone Creamery: A BOGO coupon for you bday….use it on any size creation. Also, pick the location you're going to be near the most because they will only honor it at the location you specify when you sign up…I learned this lesson the hard way after I moved in 2011 and didn't change my location.
- Ruby Tuesday I can't use this one anymore because they closed the only Ruby Tuesday in L.A. and the nearest one is Phoenix. I think you get a free burger or entree.
- Marie Callenders: $5 off your entree PLUS a free piece of pie.
- Islands: This one is only for the CA/NV/AZ/HI people which is a shame because their teriyaki burger is to die for. Anyway, you get a coupon for a free lava cake or kona pie with an entree purchase. Get the kona pie and tell your server. I didn't this year. I just gave her the coupon and she sprung the lava cake on me. I was with friends so I didn't complain, but i've been craving kona pie ever since.
- Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes: Join Club Veg and you'll get a BOGO free for you bday for all you can eat soupy goodness. Not exactly fun if you have a summer bday like me and the idea of soup when it is 95 degrees out makes you wanna die of heat exhaustion, but good news….they send out BOGO free/discounted coupons throughout the year.
- Rubio's: Free entree!!
- El Torito: another free entree.
- Hooters: free wings and depending on the region you're in, a free entree from the regional email.
- Ben & Jerry's: Free scoop at the scoop shop.
- Ihop: Free Rooty Tooty Fresh N Fruity pancake combo and other offers throughout the year. Plus you find out about free pancake day.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Click on extras in the menu bar and then select Buffalo Circle. Free dessert for bday and free wings when you sign up/have a buffalo circle membership anniversary.
- Sonic: Sign up for Sonic Cruisers and I believe they give you your choice of bday treats.
- Baskin Robbins: Free scoop.
- Starbucks: Register any card for Starbucks Rewards and you can get any darn drink you want on your bday….Get a whole bunch of extra shots and espresso in that frap!
- City Wok: This one is only going to work if you live near Studio City, Palm Springs or San Diego, but you get a free entree.